Tips for Exterior Power Washing
Exterior power washing is a great way to clean the dirt, mold, and mildew from the surfaces of your home. It is a process that uses a high-pressure stream of water to remove all of the built-up grime from your home in just a few minutes! Not only does power washing prepare your home for painting or staining, but it can also improve the curb appeal of your property.
If you have never power washed your home before, it is important to understand the basics of the process. First, you will need to gather all of the necessary supplies. You will need a pressure washer, a garden hose, a bucket of soapy water, and some elbow grease! Once you have all of your supplies ready, you can begin power washing your home’s exterior.
Start by wetting down the area that you will be working on with the garden hose. Then, apply the soapy water to the surface with a sponge or brush. After letting the soapy water sit for a few minutes, you can begin scrubbing the dirt and grime off of the surface with the pressure washer. Be sure to hold the pressure washer about a foot away from the surface that you are cleaning and use a back-and-forth motion.
After you have finished power washing your home’s exterior, it is important to rinse the area with clean water from the garden hose. This will remove any soap residue and prevent streaking. Once the area is rinsed, you can stand back and admire your handiwork! Your home will look brand new in no time!
Tips for Keeping your Home’s Exterior Clean
Once you have power washed your home’s exterior, it is important to take steps to keep it clean. Here are a few tips for keeping your home’s exterior clean:
- Rinse off any soap residue after power washing. This will prevent streaking and will keep your home looking its best.
- Keep the outside of your home free of clutter. This will make it easier to clean and will also help to improve the curb appeal of your property.
- Sweep the sidewalks and driveway regularly. This will help prevent mud and debris from building up on the surfaces of your home.
- Hose down the exterior of your home once a week. This will help remove any dirt or dust that may have built up over time.
- Plant shrubs and flowers around your home. Not only will this add beauty to your property, but it will also help to protect the exterior surfaces of your home from sunlight and rain damage.
Factors that can Affect the Outcome of Exterior Power Washing
There are several factors that can affect the outcome of exterior power washing. Some of the most important factors include weather conditions, surface type, and soap type.
- Weather Conditions: Power washing is a weather-dependent activity. In order to be effective, the water must be hot and the wind must be blowing. If the weather conditions are not optimal, the results of power washing may not be as good.
- Surface Type: The type of surface that you are power washing will also affect the outcome. Certain surfaces (like brick or concrete) are more difficult to clean than others (like vinyl or aluminum). The type of surface will also determine the type of soap that should be used.
- Soap Type: The soap that is used for power washing can also affect the outcome. There are many different types of soaps available, and each one has its own set of pros and cons. It is important to choose the right soap for the job in order to achieve the best results.