Pressure Washing Vinyl Siding: Why You Should do It at Least Once a Year
Pressure washing vinyl siding is a great way to keep it looking new. By regularly cleaning it with a pressure washer, you can remove any built-up dirt, dust, or grime that may have accumulated over time. This will not only make your siding look cleaner and newer, but it will also help to protect it from fading and deterioration. Pressure washing is also a great way to remove any mildew or mold that may have started to grow on your siding. If you live in an area with high humidity, pressure washing vinyl siding on a regular basis can help to prevent the growth of these harmful organisms.
Pressure washing vinyl siding is a great way to keep it looking new. By pressure washing it at least once a year, you can remove all the dirt, dust and grime that has built up on it over time. Not only will this make your vinyl siding look better, but it will also help to prolong its life.
Here’s the top reasons why you should pressure wash your vinyl siding at least once a year.
- Remove dirt, dust and grime: To remove dirt, dust and grime from vinyl siding, you will need to use a pressure washer. Set the pressure washer to its highest setting and spray the siding from side to side. Be sure to keep the nozzle of the pressure washer moving at all times, so that you don’t damage the surface of the vinyl. Continue spraying until the entire surface is clean.
- Remove mildew and mold: If you live in an area with high humidity, pressure washing your siding on a regular basis can help to prevent the growth of mildew and mold. To remove these harmful organisms, set the pressure washer to its lowest setting and spray the affected areas. Be sure to keep the nozzle moving at all times, so that you don’t damage the surface of the vinyl.
- Prevent fading and deterioration: By regularly cleaning your vinyl siding with a pressure washer, you can help to prevent fading and deterioration. The sun’s UV rays can cause the color of vinyl siding to fade over time. Pressure washing will remove any dirt or grime that may be causing the fading, and will also help to protect the surface from further damage.
- Save money in the long run: By pressure washing siding on a regular basis, you can save money in the long run. Regular cleaning will prolong the life of your siding, so that you won’t have to replace it as often. Additionally, pressure washing is a much cheaper option than having to repaint your siding every few years.
- Increase your home’s curb appeal: A pressure washer can do wonders for your home’s curb appeal. By making sure that your vinyl siding is clean and free of dirt, dust and grime, you can make your home look more inviting and attractive. This is especially important if you’re thinking of selling your home in the near future.
As you can see, there are many benefits to pressure washing vinyl siding. By taking the time to pressure wash your siding on a regular basis, you can keep it looking new for years to come.